A physical therapist is among the most popular jobs in the UAE for Indians. It’s a healthcare professional specializing in evaluating and treating various types of physical disorders, injuries, and diseases affecting the muscles, joints, spine, and other body systems. The physiotherapist job in the UAE is to help the patient restore body functions, reduce pain, and increase mobility and coordination.
They use various techniques and devices to improve the patient’s physical condition, such as massage, exercises, stretching, electrical stimulation, laser treatment, and others.
Physiotherapists evaluate patients and plan and deliver individually designed treatment programs to support the improvement or restoration of physical functioning and mobility, relieve pain, and prevent physical dysfunction in patients. Layboard defines hospitals, clinics, sports organizations, rehabilitation centers, extended care facilities, and private practice as the most popular workplaces.
Additional positions within the field of physiotherapy in the UAE include:
- Clinical physiotherapist,
- Consultant physiotherapist,
- Physicians in physical rehabilitation,
- Clinical coordinator of physical therapy,
- A clinical specialist in physical therapy,
- Head of physical therapy,
- Head of Physiotherapy,
- Registered physiotherapist,
- Research physiotherapist.
The Role of a Physiotherapist in a Dubai rehabilitation center
A physiotherapist plays an important role in a rehabilitation center, helping patients return to normal life after injuries, surgeries, or illnesses. The main goal of the physiotherapist’s work is to ensure optimal physical functioning of the patient.
The role of a physiotherapist in a rehabilitation center may include:
- Assessment of the patient’s condition. The physiotherapist assesses the patient’s condition, taking into account their physical capabilities, medical history, and other factors that may affect the recovery process.
- Development of an individual rehabilitation plan. The physiotherapist develops an individualized rehabilitation plan for each patient, taking into account their needs and capabilities. The plan may include various physiotherapy methods aimed at improving the functions of various body systems.
- Conducting physiotherapy procedures. The physiotherapist performs physiotherapy procedures to improve the patient’s physical condition. These procedures may include massage, stretching exercises, electrical muscle stimulation, and other methods.
- Monitoring the dynamics of the patient’s condition. The physiotherapist monitors the patient’s progress, determines the results of the procedures, and adjusts the individual rehabilitation plan according to the patient’s needs.
Meanwhile, there are differences between physiotherapy and rehabilitation that are worth knowing. What is the difference between the work of a rehabilitation therapist and a physiotherapist? Who should I contact with specific health problems? We are in a hurry to answer.
Rehabilitation Therapist and Physiotherapist. What do they do?
Rehabilitation is a concept that covers many activities aimed at improving the patient’s functioning. This name can include occupational therapy, psychotherapy, and physiotherapy. Rehabilitation improves physical and mental performance and enables the patient to return to a comfortable life.
Therefore, we can say that physiotherapy can (but does not necessarily) be a part of rehabilitation. A holistic approach to recovery and the use of many different methods allows for a faster recovery.
How does this Physiotherapy work?
The range of action of physiotherapy is very wide. People with injuries of the spine, limbs, and joints, congenital or acquired postural defects, as well as people who are constantly under stress come to the surgery. In the physiotherapist’s office, you can treat many ailments that arise from the diseases of civilization.
Physiotherapy is of great importance for people with neurological diseases. In cases such as stroke, paresis, or multiple sclerosis, well-conducted physiotherapy can be a guarantee of recovery or partial fitness and independence.
Another type that is aimed directly at women is urogynecology physiotherapy. Here, the specialist focuses on pelvic complaints. Patients who seek help from a urogynecologist-physiotherapist have problems with urinary incontinence, and prolapse of the reproductive organs, and are often also preparing for childbirth and the postpartum period. This form of physiotherapy helps to minimize the problems that women face after childbirth.
Treatment in the physiotherapist’s office
Physiotherapists use many different techniques to help patients recover. Although patients mainly associate treatments such as massage or home exercises, the division is not so simple. Therapies fall into two main groups: kinesitherapy and physiotherapy. What is the difference? Physical therapy is all treatments that use physical stimuli. These include, for example, wellness baths, saunas, electric shocks, or cryotherapy.
Kinesiotherapy is movement-based exercises: stretching exercises, techniques for dealing with movement dysfunctions, and other methods.
Physical therapists in the UAE are obliged to:
- conduct a comprehensive examination of patients;
- evaluate the results of the patient’s examination, make clinical conclusions for diagnosis;
- based on the diagnosis and individual characteristics of the patient, determine the prognosis and treatment plan;
- consult only within their competence and, if necessary, refer patients to other specialists;
- implement the physiotherapy treatment program, determine the results of work and, if necessary, make adjustments to the treatment program;
- provide recommendations for independent functioning.
Proper application of physical therapy improves the quality of treatment, accelerates the process of restoring the functions of organs and systems, restores working capacity, helps the patient develop self-care skills, and in cases of disability, helps the patient adapt to the most active life in the new conditions resulting from illness or injury, as well as to more complete integration into society.