Many parents are always concerned about their kids’ safety, especially now that the digital world is slowly replacing reality. We’ve noticed that a lot of parents are asking, “How can I monitor my child’s text messages for free?” since teens are still using them to communicate with each other. In fact, according to the Pew Research Center, teens would often use text messages to arrange meetings with their friends.
And as everyone can easily use their numbers to contact the kids, it’s understandable that parents are worried about this. But, no need to worry.
There are always simple ways to monitor kid’s text messages. In this article, we’d like to introduce you to a new, more practical method like view text messages using imei to keep your kids safe by monitoring text messages. Let’s just go into it.
Messaging: The Dangers Lurking in Your Kids’ Pocket
We believe that there’s a clear reason why parents are looking for a way to monitor child’s text messages. As you probably know, not all apps installed on your phone are dangerous, and it’s the same case with text messages.
Yes, text messages are not considered dangerous apps. However, there are some risks that you need to also take into consideration, such as:
- Cyberbullied can be done through text messages;
- Suspicious individuals with ill intent can use text messages to affect or harm your kids;
- Online predators are also using text messages;
- Text messages are also used for scams and phishing;
- Any images or content that are offensive can also be shared through text messages.
So yes, we definitely understand why you’d ask, “Can I read my child’s text messages?” The answer here is yes.
Start Reading Text Messages with Parental Apps
For those wondering about “How can I monitor my child’s text messages?” we have a practical solution here. The simplest way you can do this is to equip yourself with a monitoring app. And, of course, we couldn’t recommend the best ones without mentioning Eyezy, the top monitoring app in the market that may offer you great benefits.
This app is so easy to use that you no longer need to have prior knowledge of computer engineering or hacking. Just follow the installation instructions, and you can get the full functionality of it in a flash.
Here are some notable features you can get:
- Screen Recorder – In case you find anything suspicious, you can use this feature to record everything.
- Messages Monitoring – As the name tells you, this feature will detect all the incoming and outgoing messages from your kid’s phone. So, if you’re asking about, “Can I read my child’s text messages?” This feature is your answer.
- Calls Monitoring – See who are the people who contacted your kids before.
- iMessage Monitoring – A feature that’s useful to check your kids’ iMessage.
- Location Tracking – In case your kids are going somewhere, you can always track their location using this very feature.
Kids’ Messaging Safety Tips
Besides using third-party software to see child’s text messages, you can also depend on the default functionality of your kid’s phone. For example, you can limit social or message app usage by using a feature called Screen Time.
Screen Time is actually an integral part of Apple’s Parental Control, and can be useful in case you want to make your kids more disciplined in using their gadgets.
To access the Screen Time, you can go to Settings, and select the Screen Time option. From there, you can either turn the feature on or off. Turn the feature on, and select either This is My Device or This is My Child’s Device.
After the feature is enabled, the system will give you an insight into the app usage, as well as the websites your kids previously visited.
And that is how to monitor kid’s text messages, hopefully, this article can be helpful in providing additional security to protect your kids. The world today has become a more dangerous place. We see scams and phishing everywhere.
Therefore, it’s highly important for parents to take a step forward by using parental control apps to protect their kids. You can always try the free apps, but we always recommend using the premium ones as they may provide better features, value, and support you need.